Got plenty of time at home? Looking for ways to spend it usefully and make the best out of it? Well, here is an opportunity to showcase your talent in Computer Aided Designing(CAD) and win exciting cash prizes, without even leaving the room. We Make India Foundation, a Non Governmental Organization(NGO) is conducting a Designation competition to keep the young minds, motivated.
What is designathon?
Designathon is a designing competition where the participants have to design a 3D model of the given theme using any CAD software like AutoCAD which is an offline software or software like OnShape, TinkerCAD which are online designing software. We are conducting this competition with the resources provided by Bytes and Bots Pvt., Ltd., and sponsorship of ATAL Incubation center of Pondicherry Engineering College and Rotary Club of Puducherry.
The participants have to register through this link provided here. There are separate links for students of classes between VIII and XII and that of college students.
- The competition is separate for school students and college students.
- We will be conducting online training classes, 1 to 2 hours per day for 5 days from 19th May, 2020 to 23rd May, 2020. It is not compulsory to attend the training classes, but students who are not familiar with CAD software, do attend these classes to learn how to use them. In these training sessions we will be giving basic training on the design software tools and applications. Checkout the schedule here – Schedule
- The competitors will be given 2 weeks to complete the model. The completed model should be submitted on or before 1st June, 2020.
- Submitted projects will be evaluated by a designated judge panel from the industry and academia, and the results will be declared on 8th June, 2020.
For School students the theme is “Creative Key chain design emphasizing COVID19 Pandemic”. Example: A mask designed key chain.
For College students the theme is “Design solution for COVID19 Pandemic”. Example: A protective face mask. Your design must have a real time use.
To join the meetings:
Join the training sessions from 19th May, 2020 to 23rd May, 2020 by clicking the “Join Now” button here. The online sessions starts from 4 PM. Join the meeting 5-10 minutes before the starting time.
The inauguration session and all the online class session recordings will be uploaded in our YouTube channel “Bytes and Bots India”.
How to submit the finished model?
- Every competitor must submit a finished model and a selfie video explaining the model, on or before the declared deadline.
- In the selfie video, the competitor must talk about the design and advantages of the finished model.
- Both the design and the video file size must not exceed 100 MB.
- Design file must be of .STEP format.(Submit the fully assembled model)
- Both the design and the video file must be named in the following format <Competitor’sFirstName + SurNameInitials + short version of School/College Name>. Examples: If the competitor is Prakash Ranveer Singh from the school Kendriya Vidyalaya, his design file should be of the name prakashRSKendarya.step or prakashRSKendaryaVidyalaya.step and his video file must be of the name prakashRSKendarya.mp4 or prakashRSKendaryaVidyalaya.mp4.
- School students must submit the final finished model here – Submit
- College students must submit the final finished model here – Submit
Category 1 (College Students):
1st Prize – Rs. 10,000
2nd Prize – Rs. 7,500
3rd Prize – Rs. 5000
Category 2 (School Students):
1st Prize – Rs. 6000
2nd Prize – Rs. 4,500
3rd Prize – Rs. 3000
Frequently asked questions:
1. Is there any restriction on what designing software should be used?
No. The participants can use whatever designing software they are familiar with or get their hands on.
2. Is it compulsory to attend the online training sessions?
No. If you are familiar with the design software tools and applications, there is no need to attend the online training sessions.
3. What will be covered in the online training sessions?
In the training sessions, we will be covering the basics tools and commands that a person need to be familiar with, when starting to use a design tool.
4. In what format should the name of the design and video file be?
Both the design and the video file must be named in the following format <Competitor’sFirstName + SurNameInitials + short version of School/College Name>. Examples: If the competitor is Prakash Ranveer Singh from the school Kendriya Vidyalaya, his design file should be of the name prakashRSKendarya.step or prakashRSKendaryaVidyalaya.step and his video file must be of the name prakashRSKendarya.mp4 or prakashRSKendaryaVidyalaya.mp4.
5. Is there any registration fee?
No. There are no registration fees
6. Thing to be added in the explainer video.
* Participant’s name
* Name of the design(Theme)
* Software used
* Most used command or tool
* Technical explanation of how you designed the model
* Advantages of your design